The kale is considered like one of the healthiest veggies in the world and many people who eat healthy food, call the kale the new beef. Now you are wondering whether this is true or not and also the reasons that stand behind this claim. Here are the traits of the kale that makes this green vegetable even healthier than the beef:
1. Kale is rich of iron – many people think that the people who are vegetarians are low on iron and that is the reason why they are usually called anemic. But, the truth is that more people who eat the beef, actually have iron deficiency. For every calorie of the green vegetable, you get a bigger amount of iron than the beef, so you should add the kale to your diet if you want to get more iron.
2. Kale contains more calcium than milk – both dairy and beef contain calcium, but according to the statistics, the US has the highest numbers of patients that have bone problems, including bone loss and osteoporosis. In order to solve this problem, the kale can give more calcium for every calorie than the milk. The calcium contained in the kale is easier for our body to digest it than that one from the dairy.
3. Kale contains protein and has more fiber – the fiber is a micronutrient that denotes that it is something that the body needs it every day. But many people prefer the beef over the veggies, and that is the reason why they are not getting enough fiber in their diet. The kale can give you 5 percent of the recommended daily fiber intake, and also can give you 2 grams of protein.
4. Kale is a great anti-inflammatory agent – the inflammation can cause autoimmune diseases, heart diseases, and arthritis among the other diseases. Generally, this is triggered when we consume many animal products. You can substitute the animal products with kale in order to enjoy a better health and prevent the inflammation.
5.Kale is rich in many essential omega fats – maybe you already know the importance of omega fatty acids to our health. Instead of eating a beef that has huge amounts of saturated fat, just one serving of kale can give you 121 mg of omega 3 acids while giving you about 95 mg of omega 6 acids.
6. Kale boosts your immune system – the kale can boost the immune system even better than the beef. It can protect you from infections, and that is because it contains flavonoid antioxidants like the vitamin C and vitamin A. Also, it contains carotenoid that helps in strengthening the immune system.
The kale grows within 55 to 60 days, unlike the cows that are raised mainly for beef that need minimum 18 months to mature. Also, you can plant the kale in any part of the planet, regardless of the climate, and this makes it a sustainable vegetable that is healthier than the beef and can give you more benefits.