The watermelon diet is for all those watermelon lovers who want to lose weight in the watermelon season. Are you one of them? This is the perfect diet for you, then, since you are going to eat watermelon all the time, day and night.
For starters, here are some surprising health benefits of the watermelon which you might not have been aware about:
- The watermelons contain 92% of water, and it’s incredibly hydrating. Contains very little amount of calories.
- The watermelon improves the bone health and plays an important part for the cardiovascular health. It contains lycopene, which prevents the osteoporosis. It is also rich in pottasium, which means stronger bones and joints.
- Watermelon has anti-inflammatory effect. The carotenoid lycopene reduces the inflammation and neutralizes the free radicals.
- Watermelon serves as a diuretic and eases the work of kidneys while they get rid of the excessive amount of fluids.
- Watermelon is an excellent electrolyte and helps the regulation of the nerves and the muscles in the body.
- Watermelon is a great source of beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A, which is good for the eye health. It also contains vitamin C, which improves the immune system.
The watermelon diet lasts for five days and it is enough to release the body from toxins, the extra water, salts, kilograms and other problems. You should eat 1 kilogram of watermelon for every 10 kilograms of your body weight, which means that if you weight 60 kilograms, you will need 6 kilograms of watermelon a day, and if you weight 85 kilograms, you need 8,5 kilograms of watermelon in 24 hours.
The good thing is that you can divide the meals as it works best for you. Besides the watermelon, you are allowed to eat a piece of chicken steak or fish for lunch, a glass of yogurt for dinner, and two boiled eggs for breakfast. You can add seasonal salad if you want to, but no dressings are allowed. Follow this simple diet and the results will be visible in no time.