The “Golden Milk” is tasty, great and amazing healthy drink that is really suitable for drinking in the evening and the benefits are amazing.
The main ingredient is the turmeric. It contains curcumin – polyphenols identified like the main ingredient that is part of more than 150 therapeutic activities and includes anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic properties. If we combine the curcumin with pepper, its benefits will significantly increase.
- Antioxidant, anti-actions, analgesic, antiseptic
- Strengthens the immune system
- Improve the digestive health
- Maintains the cholesterol levels
- Detoxification of the liver
- Regulates high blood pressure
- Regulates metabolism and weight
- Great for healthy brain and better memory
- Helps with neurological problems
- Effective in many skin problems
- Reduces triglycerides
If you add black pepper in dishes seasoned with turmeric, then will increase the bioavailability of curcumin by around 1000 times, thanks to the peppers. This means that if we mix the pepper and the turmeric, the absorption of the turmeric in the body will increase up to 2000 %.
1. A turmeric paste
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- ¼ cup of turmeric powder
- ½ cup of filtered water
Put all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. The fire should be with medium strength and because of that you will need to stir constantly until it becomes thick. It won’t take a long time, so don’t depart from your stove. Cool down the mixture and then keep it in a small jar in your fridge.
2. “Gold Milk”
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of almond milk (good option is the coconut milk or milk from hemp, also the cow’s milk, but only if you can buy domestic natural milk from a cow that is not treated artificially)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric paste
Mix all of the ingredients except the honey in the bowl for cooking. Place the bowl on the fire with medium intensity. Stir constantly while you heat the mixture and let it boil. Then add honey at the end for taste.