If you add lemon to the water that will quench your thirst better that any other drink, but will also nourish your body with minerals, vitamins and trace elements that we need.
The lemon water is considered like the best natural energy booster.
In the morning when we wake up, the bodily tissues are dehydrated and we need water to rejuvenate the cells and to push out toxins.
So, this homemade lemonade helps in regulating digestive tract and kidney functions and to eliminate the internal toxins.
20 reasons why to start your day with lemon and water
- It is good for the joints, reduces the pain in the muscles and joints.
- It provides the whole body with electrolytes that hydrate the body because lemons contain electrolytes like calcium, potassium and magnesium.
- It helps digestion because lemon contains citric acid that interacts with the other acids and enzymes that stimulates the digestion and secretion of gastric juice.
- It cleanses the liver and stimulates the liver to get rid of the toxins.
- Your liver produces more enzymes from this drink that from any other food.
- It helps fight sore throats, infections of the respiratory tract and inflammation of the tonsils.
- It is important for the normal work of your metabolism because the lemon is a powerful antioxidant that strengthens the immune system and protects the body from those free radicals.
- It helps to regulate the natural bowel movement.
- It helps in proper functioning of your nervous system because the lemon is rich in potassium. Anxiety and depression are usually the result of low levels of potassium. Your nervous system needs a lot of potassium.
- It helps lower the blood pressure. An everyday intake of just one lemon can reduce your high blood pressure by 10 percent.
- It cleans the blood, arteries and blood vessels.
- It creates an alkalizing effect even if you drink it right before a meal, it can help you to maintain a higher pH level.
- It is good for the skin because it contains a Vitamin C that rejuvenates the body and improves the skin. If you drink lemon with water every morning, it will improve the condition of the skin.
- It supports in diluting the uric acid, the built up of which precedes to pain in the gout and the joints.
- It helps to dissolve kidney stones, gallstones, calcium deposits and pancreatic stones.
- It relieves the heartburn. For this condition you should put one teaspoon of lemon juice in a half a glass of water.
- It is good for pregnant women because the lemons are rich in vitamin C, so it acts like an adaptogen that helps the body to cope with viruses like colds. Also, the vitamin C helps in the building of the bone tissue of the unborn baby. Also, it forms the cells of the nervous system and the brain of the baby because of the high content of potassium.
- It helps with gingivitis and tooth pain.
- It helps you to lose weight because the lemon contains pectin fiber that helps suppress hunger cravings.
- It prevents cancer because the lemons are highly alkaline product. Many studies found out that the cancer can’t thrive in an alkaline environment.
When and how to drink the lemon water
You should use spring water or warm purified water. Take half a cup of warm water and squeeze at least half of lemon. You can also use lime. It is better to use a special juicer and also you can use lemon essential oil.
You should drink lemon water on an empty stomach in the morning. For maximum results, you should drink this one hour before meals.