Maybe you are not worried about that fact that you are not sleeping enough and well, but here are 6 diseases that can be caused by a lack of sleep. Maybe it is a time to think about a better sleep routine.
Many things can interfere with the sleep, like many things to get done in the house before sleeping, or a late night at work. But, frequently depriving yourself of the recommended time for sleep (6 to 8 hours) can mean that you will become so sick down the line.
The lack of sleep can point to some serious health conditions that can’t be undone just by going to bed earlier. Because of that, instead of dealing with these conditions that can easily lead to death, start to sleep more. Think of the following things like your incentive:
- Diabetes – the poor eating can be a result of lack of sleep, because you go to consume more at meals and lean more toward the junk food than you would if you get the right amount of sleep. Because of that, the risk of diabetes is increased.
- Stroke – the higher level of chemicals, which can lead to a stroke in the blood flow, and the higher blood pressure, both connected to lack of sleep.
- Osteoporosis – this condition and some other conditions connected to the bones can be a result from frequent lack of sleep. This is because the mineral density in the bones decreases when you are not getting the right amount of sleep every night.
- Memory loss – when you don’t get enough sleep, the brain is not working completely. Sooner or later, you will have a dangerous memory loss that can easily become permanent if you don’t begin to sleep more.
- Incontinence – to get up in the middle of the night generally results in going to the bathroom, for a reason just to move around. But, over time that going to the bathroom becomes unavoidable and sometimes makes you not to get enough sleep. This cycle feeds itself and then you have problems with the bladder during the walking hours also.
- Breast cancer – those people who suffer from breast cancer are actually prone to a repetition of the disease if they don’t get enough sleep. So, if you want to avoid the cancer again, try to get more sleep.
As you might notice, to skip a few hours of sleep has many more serious and dangerous consequences than the tiredness. Because of that, it is wise to get the right amount of sleep if you want to avoid some serious health problems in the future.