Have you ever had a headache or pounding headache? That feeling of a hammer tapping the head or jackhammer pounding the head? It looks like everything triggers the head pain. The slightest movement increases the pain, you become sensitive to background noise and light, and it looks like everything around you makes your head feel even worse. You have the king of all headaches – migraine.
The migraine is a condition caused by constricted blood vessels and is really serious thing. The migraine can affect your everyday activities and also can throw a major curve ball into the day.
The migraine can cause loss of the focus, inhibit the ability to relax and rest, decrease the productivity, and ruin your whole day. People usually reach for ibuprofen or over the counter medicine to reduce the migraine. But, there is a very serious health concern about what these medications can do to the body.
Because the headaches can appear again and again, a healthier long-term option is a natural remedy.
What causes the migraines?
- Hormones – they are linked to migraines. Research shows that when the hormones are imbalances, you can suffer a migraine. Also, it is linked with the menstrual cycle. The research discovered that 10 – 20 percent of all women have some kind of migraine around or during the time of the menstrual period.
- Genetics – unluckily, migraines are usually linked to genetics. If your parents had migraines, you are more susceptible to suffer from migraines.
- Allergies – sensitivity to some substances and allergies are another reason for migraines. One study provided by Joseph Egger of the Hospital for Sick Children discovered that the percentage of migraines in the time of allergies is 93%.
- Low mineral levels – copper and magnesium levels are connected to migraines. A low copper or magnesium level reduces the ability of the body to metabolize amines and serotonin. Amines and serotonin help expand the blood vessels.
- Food – food sensitivity has been associated with migraines. Studies have shown that sensitivity-causing foods can cause migraines. But the same study discovered that when the sensitivity-causing foods were removed from the diet, migraine symptoms and migraines decreased. Symptoms for 88 migraine patients decreased when the sensitivity-causing foods were removed from the diet. Every person is unique and sensitive to different types of food, but one usual sensitivity-causing food is gluten.
- Depression and emotional stress – the emotional stress and depression have been associated with migraines. As the stress levels rise, the immune system of the body is weakened, and you are more likely to get a migraine. The depression can also increase the risk of migraine. Depression is connected to hormones and the imbalance in the hormones increases the chances of getting a migraine.
People have used different natural ways, from herbs to aromatherapy, to treat the migraines. Today, we will focus on the Himalayan salt. This salt is produces of 84 different minerals that benefits the body in many different ways. The Himalayan salt can stop the migraine or headache, but also it can increase the energy, boost the immune system, balance the levels of serotonin in the bloodstream and alkalize the body.
The best part about this salt is that it acts fast. All that you need to do is to take few Himalayan salt crystals and grind them. Mix the powder with juice of lemon and drink the mixture. This remedy will relieve the migraine in a moment. The higher the concentration of Himalayan salt to lemon juice the faster or better the remedy acts.
At the beginning, you should start with just one tablespoon of Himalayan salt (but the powder, not the crystals) and 4 ounces of lemon juice. If you think that this remedy is too strong for you, you can add more lemon juice or water. Try not to exceed 8 ounces of juice per tablespoon of Himalayan salt.