So, you have started practicing a diet, but even though you pay attention to what to eat and what NOT to eat, there seem to have no effect on you. Don’t panic! Here are a few tips you need to follow in order to get the best results from your diet.
- Do not use ketchup or any other addition to your meal. Even if it doesn’t taste well, bear in mind that if you have decided to start a diet, sticks to the rules!
- Do not use too much or too little salt. You can use your normal amount, since your body is used to it and has created its own way to function according to this amount. Other than that, you can use your favorite spices.
- Here’s a trick: If you’re really hungry and according to your diet you are not supposed to eat for a while, the mint can make you lose your appetite.
- Forget about the sodas and other fizzy drinks, even if they’re diet. Each diet has the ability to make body system purification apart from losing weight, so those drinks are highly not recommendable.
- Don’t force your body to sudden changes when it comes to food. If you have had the habit of eating large meals, prepare your body for the upcoming diet by gradually eating more often, but smaller meals (if you feel hungry) and eat healthy snacks between the meals.
- If you take vitamins, make sure you take them in the evening, since they can increase your appetite in the morning.
- You can drink tea as much as you want, no sugar added, of course, but be careful with the coffee. The coffee can have negative influence over the blood sugar level, which can result in lowering your energy levels and you would feel tired. This can lead to a discouraging feeling and you can interrupt your diet having no effects.
- Green tea can help you lose weight.
- Bear in mind you should drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. If you don’t have the habit of drinking water, then make sure you have a small bottle of water near you during the day, and in your purse while walking. It will remind you that you need water. It might be difficult for you to make yourself drink water at the beginning, but once your body gets used to this useful habit, you will feel the need of water consumption more and more. Start with small amounts; you can do small sips every now and then. Don’t take big amounts of water even when you feel really thirsty.
- Take enough sleep during the night and do light exercises – longer walks, swimming or riding a bike. Don’t start any exercises that can exhaust your body too much. Also, don’t sit around and watch TV all day long.
- It is very important to keep your body hydrated all the time, so it is highly recommendable you don’t consume any alcoholic drinks during a diet. Alcohol can only dehydrate your body, which is already suffering changes. Besides, all the alcoholic drinks contain big amount of calories that you don’t need. You can drink a glass of wine on special occasions. White wine has fewer calories than red wine.
Have in mind that the human body can be easily adaptable. We are programmed to survive hunger. In a period of 3-4 days the body is supposed to get used to the diet. By the time you’re finished, there’s a threat of hunger that you’re not supposed to succumb to. Also, don’t panic if you don’t see the results instantly. You see each other every day in the mirror and you might not see the difference right away. But it won’t be long before you start getting: “Have you lost some weight?” from other people.