The most thick lining in the uterus is the endometrial one. That one is shed when we get the period. And also that same one can get thick when embryo is formed and fertilized. So if that layer is think, there can be problems for conceiving.
Experts say that it has to be 8 mm thick at least to give the embryo enough blood and nutrients. Also, the fertilization is easier this way. Otherwise, there can be no embryo formed and you will get the period.
These are the important things about the uterus lining:
These are common causes of a thin endometrial lining and pregnancy problems:
- Low estrogen- the endometrium thickening depends on the estrogen. Women older than 35 have less estrogen than young women.
- Low blood flow to the uterus- this is caused by many things. You may be sedentary too much. Or have issues like uterine fibroids and arterial constriction.
- Endometrial damage- dilatation or curettage can be made during a miscarriage or abortion and damage this layer. Also STDs can do this problem or inflammations.
- Long time with birth control- this is true especially for the progestin. If taken for long it can make chaos inside the uterus.
Experts say that there are no clear signs for the thin endometrium. But it can be linked to these:
- Hard time getting pregnant- for the embryo there must be thick endometrium.
- Abnormal periods- thin layer makes the period chaotic and abnormal. There can be strange unusual bleeding. Also too much cramps and pain. If the layer is think, the bleeding will be lasting longer or shorter than normal.
Factors of risk:
- Too much alcohol
- Uterus tumors
- Pelvic infection
- Pelvic surgery
Natural and med treatments make this layer thicker. They can be:
- Gonadotropin therapy
- Electrical legs or abdomen stimulation for better blood flow
- Vitamin E supplements
- Herbs (royal jelly, maca root, red clover, dong quai, hibiscus, rose hips)
- Workout and less stress