Mold Illness – 17 Signs. How To Know If There Is Risk?

Mold is a usual thing in households, but it can cause many health problems.

Mold Illness – 17 Signs. How To Know If There Is Risk?

The symptoms of mold illness are:

  • Memory troubles, foggy brain, bad focus
  • Fatigue, weakness, post workout fatigue
  • Muscle cramps, aches, pain, joint aches, nerve pain, ice pick pain
  • Numb feeling or tingling
  • Headaches
  • Sensitivity to light, red eyes, blur vision
  • Sinus issues, shortness of breath, coughs, air hunger, asthma signs
  • Vertigo
  • Tremors
  • Nerve pain that never stops
  • Abdomen pain, diarrhea, nausea, appetite changing
  • Metallic taste
  • Weight gain (abnormal)
  • Night sweating
  • Urinating too much
  • Thirst
  • Static shock

These are all vague and can be unnoticed. 30 years of studying this has pointed out to something.

What exactly is the mold? It is various fungi that is found in households and creates spores that sprout and go in the air, our eye cannot see this. Mold is found in damp and warm places, humid areas, in and out too. Even for dry areas like Arizona or Nevada, there is mold problems in bathrooms, water leaks, bad ventilation rooms, etc.

Usually is found in bathrooms, showerheads, corners of the bathtub or no ventilation rooms. The mold gets to the shoes easily, also pets, clothes, carpets, books, furniture, papers. It is in the air too, so change filters often. 1 to 3 months is enough.

Also buildings that are water damaged have such pollutants in the air and this is toxic. Also, mold makes toxins called mycotoxins in the air. This is the reason why there is mold illness spreading through the air. A review of recently has showed that this is the reason why mold causes so much damage. Air and sinus issues.

Half of all buildings in USA have mold and are damaged by water. We all spend home time or in the office and are at risk. If you buy a home, you must consult an expert to check this issue.

Why is mold a bad thing? Well, toxicity is in the category known as biotoxin illnesses or Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, CIRS. MD Ritchie Shoemaker explains further. He wrote 8 books and one of them is Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings and he said something about the CIRS.

CIRS is acute and chronic inflammation due to exposure to water damaged areas with many toxins like bacteria, fungi, actinomycetes, mycobacterium and others.

He also added that 24% of us do not have a lot of proper antibodies and up to 95% of people have such problems due to mold. Now, how is DNA linked to this problem?

Why some people get this problem more than others?

As Shoemaker said, 24% of people are sensitive to mold and they have a certain immune gene for responses HLA-DR. if you have those genes, you will have a bad reaction to mold when exposed to it. 95% of all mold cases are in this group. Also 2% are partially sick from mold. If you don’t react to mold, you still might be sensitive but it is fine.

Those like me who are too sensitive cannot differentiate between toxins in and out. So, mold in this case makes an inflammation. We might not even know about the genes we have for mold exposure.

This issue is serious and is not really an allergy. Our immunity is crashed. CIRS cannot heal by itself unless treated. The illness is carried in the DNA and can be easily triggered.

Defined CIRS

There has to be 5 criteria for this defining:

  1. Signs, history, biotoxin exposure too. Where there is mold toxicity, it has to be documented by EPA and ERMI tests. Other cases include lab evidence and tests.
  2. Genes predisposition for biotoxin illnesses on basis of identifying HLA haplotype.
  3. Abnormal sings documented by tests of Visual Contrast Sensitivity VCS.
  4. Biomarkers for the neuroimmune, vascular or also endocrine abnormal cases linked to CIRS. If you have great exposure, genes for damage or bad VCS tests, it will show on CIRS results.

What to do?

If you think you might be at risk, do these things.

  1. Learn more on mold and health issues due to it.
  2. Read Shoemaker’s book, Surviving Mold.
  3. Test the house for any mold. Make the ERMI test and also hire an expert. Or do it yourself for less money ($325), and this will be of help only if positive.
  4. Talk with clinician according to the Shoemaker Protocol.

Source: healthylivingstyle.net