The main cause of ear infection is viruses or bacteria in your middle ear. An infection of the ear happens more often with kids than adults. Some usual signs for an ear infection are tugging at the ear, pain in the ear, headache, difficulty sleeping, high fever, fluid draining, poor response to the sounds, diarrhea, vomiting and so on.
The ear is a part of the body made up of 3 parts: inner, outer and middle.
Each one of these 3 parts has special function that helps a person to hear. The outer ear is shaped as a leaf and it captures the sound waves. Pinna, which is part of the outer part of the ear, helps the sound waves to enter into the canal. Then, the sound waves through the canal reach the eardrum positioned in the middle part. Some other essential parts in the middle ear are anvil, hammer, semicircular, stir up and middle canal. In the inner part of your ear, there are important parts like Eustachian tube, cochlea, and nerves. The sound waves are sent from the canal to the nerves. The brain processes the sound from the nerves and we can recognize it and understand it.
Each part of the ear can get an infection. But, the most serious infections are those that happen to the inner ear. Some complications, like rupturing or damaging the ear drum can be avoided by treatment. The untreated infection can lead to some chronic recurrence and can cause deafness. It is very important to consult a doctor, but you can try some of these natural remedies for immediate relief.
Here we will present you 10 home remedies that will help you get rid of the pain and to treat the ear infection.
Probably the salt is the most available remedy. You should heat one cup of salt over low heat in a pan for a few minutes. Also, you can heat the salt in a double boiler or microwave. Then, place the hot salt on a piece of cloth and seal the open end. While the salt is warm, put it on the ear for 5 – 10 minutes. You can repeat this method as many times as you like during the day. The heat draws out the fluid from your ear and stops the pain.
Instead of salt, you can use one cup of rice.
The garlic is so effective cure for pain. You can use it in several ways.
- Prepare a garlic oil by cooking two garlic cloves in two tablespoons of mustard oil or sesame oil until the garlic turns blackish. Then strain the solution. When the mixture is bearably hot, use 2 to 4 drops of the oil in the ear like an ear drops.
- You can also boil 2 or 3 fresh garlic cloves in water for 5 minutes. Then crush the garlic cloves and add salt. Put this mixture on a clean cloth and then you can place it on your ear.
- Consume 2 or 3 cloves of garlic (raw) every day to speed the process of healing.
The basil stops the pain and reduces the infection.
- Extract juice from 5 basil leaves (fresh). Put the juice around your ear, but don’t let the juice to enter inside the ear.
- Also, you can mix a few drops of coconut oil and the same amount of holy basil oil. Soak one cotton ball in this mixture and wipe just the inside part of the ear, behind the ear and around the outer edge. Repeat this 2 times every day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
- This vinegar is great if your infection is caused by fungus.
- You should mix one part of ACV with an equal amount of alcohol or water. Soak one cotton ball in this mixture, and put it in your ear just like a plug. Leave it there for 5 minutes. Then, remove the cotton and lay down on the opposite side in order to drain the liquid from your ear. You can use a hair dryer in order to dry the ear.
5. Olive Oil
- If your Eustachian tubes are blocked because of the wax in your ear, you can clear them with olive oil.
- Warm a small amount of olive oil, and put a few drops into the ear. The ear wax will soften and you can remove it.
- Also, the mustard oil can have the same effect like the olive oil.
6. Warm Water Bottle
- The heat can relieve the pain quickly and can avoid micro-organism infestation.
- Place a heating pad or warm water bottle on your ear.
- Also, you can use warm compress. Dip a washcloth in warm water, then wring out the excess water and place it on the ear.
- Don’t put the heat too long on your ear. Start with 5 minutes, and then remove it. Wait for a few minutes and then put it again.
You can use the onion for treating an ear infection.
- Put a chopped onion in a microwave for 1 to 2 minutes. Let it to cool and strain the juice. Put 2 or 3 drops of this juice in your ear, leave the juice for some time and turn your head on the opposite side to drain the juice out of the ear.
- Also, you can bake one onion for 30 minutes, cut the onion into halves and then put one half of onion in a thick cotton cloth. Then, place the cloth on the ear for 5 minutes. After 10 minutes, repeat this process.
8. Tea Tree Oil
- The tea tree oil has mild antibacterial properties and it can give us an instant relief from the pain.
- Put 3 drops of this oil, 1 teaspoon of colloidal silver, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Warm this mixture and then put it in the ear for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, turn and lay on the other side, so the mixture will drain out of the ear. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times in a day for 2 days.
9. Mango Leaf Juice
- The extract of mango leaf is an effective and quick treatment.
- Grind or crash 2 to 3 soft mango leaves in order to extract the juice. Warm the juice slightly. Put 3 to 4 drops of the mango leaf juice into the ear. After a few minutes, you will feel relief from that pain. Repeat this 2 to 3 times in a day to get relief from the infection.
10. Breast Milk
- The breast milk has natural antibo
dies and they can speed up the process of healing of every ear infection. It will remove the discomfort and the swelling and you will remove the infection in 1 or 2 days. This natural remedy works for both adults and children.
- Put a few drops of the milk with a dropper into the ear. Repeat this every few hours until you feel relief.
- The breast milk can be used in the treatment of minor cuts, eye infections and minor burns.
All these remedies can help you to treat just minor ear infections. Seek medical care if there is no improvement after a couple of days.
Source and image: www.healthtipsportal.com