If you smoke cigarettes, that releases nicotine in the bloodstream that is pleasurable for the smokers. But it takes 6 to 8 hours for the nicotine to leave the body that most of it is flushed out when urinating. It takes 48 to 72 hours and 20 to 30 days regarding nicotine stored in the body, for the nicotine’s by-product continues to leave the body.
If you eat more vegetables and fruit that are rich in vitamin C that accelerates the metabolism and removes the nicotine from the bloodstream faster, according to some studies. The public health researchers that came from the University of Buffalo made one survey and they decided to survey 1,000 smokers aged 25 or more throughout the country. After fourteen months, the researchers checked the smokers if they during the previous month have abstained from tobacco. The result was that the participants who ate the most fruits and vegetables were three times more inclined to stay off tobacco in a comparison to those who consumed fruits and vegetables in smaller amounts, for at least one month. They also smoked less frequently per day and scored better on a nicotine-dependency test.
The reasons why the people who consumed more fruits and vegetables have more chances in quitting cigarettes are: lowered nicotine dependence; they make people feel sated because smokers usually confuse hunger with cigarette craving; vegetables and fruits could make the taste of tobacco repulsive, unlike coffee, alcohol or meat; healthier lifestyle has a better opportunity of making smokers to give up the smoking.
Foods and Drinks against the Nicotine
- Vegetables, like beans, eggplants, celery and cucumber influence cigarette taste and decrease the nicotine dependence. But, don’t consume too much sweet vegetables, because their sugar level is high. That could confuse the balance in the brain pleasure areas and increases the desire for smoking.
- Water hydrates the whole body, while the nicotine dehydrates it and also helps in sweating out the nicotine from the body.
- Nettle is rich in iron that is good for combating infection.
- Pine needle tea has been used for throat and mouth disinfection for a long time, and it can also help with the health of the lungs.
- Kiwi purges the nicotine from the body and restores vitamin C, A and E that are reduced from the smoking.
- Orange is very rich in vitamin C that can replace its loss in the body, because the smoking reduces it. Also, it fastens the metabolism and reduces the stress, and that helps in the nicotine removal.
- Broccoli is rich in vitamin C and B5, protects the lungs from toxin damage and replenish the lost vitamin C.
- Spinach has an abundance of folic acid and vitamins, and it is great for the body and makes the tobacco taste repulsive.
- Carrot juice helps you to remove the nicotine because it has high levels of vitamin B, A, K and C. The carrot juice does wonders for the health of your skin because the nicotine damages your skin.