Many people have the same problem; dark skin on some body areas like the neck, knees, elbows, underarms. It is shameful for many people. But the reason for such areas is pigmentation problems or acanthosis nigricans made from aging, bad hygiene OR sun exposure.
The elbow and knee skin is thick and has more folds than other areas. So, there is no oil glands and the skin is much drier. This way if you have bad hygiene habits those areas will be even darker. The armpits will be dark from shaving or chemicals in products. You might be ashamed to raise the hands in summer. To be careful all the time might be tiring. There are solutions for this, but these are the best so far:
- Aloe vera- this lightens up the skin nicely and saturates it. It makes it bright and reduces spots. Also it prevents cancer and promotes repair and new cells. Take aloe vera gel from the leaves and apply on the neck gently. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash with water. Do this daily.
- Baking soda- this acts like exfoliator too, clears the skin and removes dark patches. Mix it with water and resolve pigmentation issues on the neck. Mix 3 parts soda and 1 part water to get paste. Put it on the neck until it dries. Wash off and do this twice per week.
- Potatoes- there is catecholase in the potatoes and this lightens the neck. Grind potatoes or get their juice and apply. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with cold water. Also, get lemon juice and mix with potato juice and apply. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with cool water. Do this daily. This also removes acne scars or spots.
Best solutions for dark knees and elbows
- Lemons- the lemon also is good for peeling. It gives vitamin C that replenishes cells and removes old cells and improves complexion. Apply the juice on elbows or knees and rub gently few minutes. Leave for 20 minutes and wash with warm water. After that apply cream. Or also you can take the lemon juice and blend with honey, 1 tbsp. apply on the skin and leave for 20 minutes then wash with water.
- Sugar- to tone the skin nicely use DIY sugar scrub. The granules remove dead cells and smoothen skin. Blend sugar and equal parts olive oil. Apply this on knees and elbows and rub for 5 minutes. Wash with cleanser and warm water and do this every day.
- Almond- the almond and its oil are skin friendly. It has nourishing ingredients and keeps skin nice. Rube the areas with this oil for 5 minutes before sleeping. After a few days, change is seen. Then mix 1-2 tbs chopped almonds and yoghurt to get a paste. Put on skin and let dry after massaging it. Wash with cold water and do this 2 times daily for a few weeks.
Best remedies for armpits
- Cucumbers- this veggie lightens skin and with lemon mixed in it is a wonder. The lemon whitens and the cucumber nourishes from tingling. Mix lemon juice and turmeric and cucumber juice. Lemon whitens, cucumber cools skin and turmeric removes stains. It is an Ayurveda cure for daily use. Or just take cucumber circles and rub the armpits. Then, put some cucumber juice there.
- Milk- this contains fat acids and vitamins so it brightens skin too. Blend with curd and the lactic acid works even better for lightening. You need: 2 tbsp milk, 1 tbsp curd, 1 tbsp flour. Blend all 3 and make a creamy paste. Apply on armpits for 15 minutes and wash.
- Chickpea and flour mask- you need: 2 tbsp chickpea flor, 1 tbsp yoghurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, pinch turmeric. To do it, just blend chickpea, lemon, yoghurt and turmeric. Get a paste and apply on armpits to sit for a whole hour. Wash with water.
This mask nourishes skin and brightens it also. Do it daily for 14 days and then decrease to 2 times per week.