The fresh garden cucumbers are already part of every house. In the summer we eat a lot of cucumbers and the cucumber is very healthy vegetable for every meal. Here we have a cucumber sandwiches that are a great snack, cool summertime party hors d’ oeuvre, and a healthy lunch.
You can use the cucumbers as the basis for many delicious and healthy lunches. Your kids will love them, and now you can eat sandwiches without bread.
So, here is the recipe:
- 1 cucumber
- 3 slices turkey lunch meat
- 2 slices hard salami
- 1 large slice buffalo wing cheese (cut it into 6 squares)
- 2 tbs. mayo or hummus
You can substitute any of your favorite types of cheeses, meats, or condiments for a different take.
- Slice the whole cucumber into slices.
- Slice and cut all of the ingredients
- Add a small amount of hummus or mayo to the cucumber, add a piece of salami, add a piece of cheese, add turkey, and top with another small amount of mayo, and then add another cucumber slice. Through the center put a toothpick, and repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
This is a healthy and very tasty lunch, and you can make it at home. But be careful when your kids are eating them to be very careful not to get hurt with the toothpicks. You can use plastic picks for your kids.