Almost every one of us before going to bed at night has experienced some strange sensation in the stomach like feeling full sort of. Of course, if you had a heavy dinner, that is the reason. When digestion before sleeping is disturbed, you will suffer from acid reflux, interrupted sleep or heartburn.
There is good news, however; by using natural sources and remedies. Ginger, turmeric, and coconut milk are a great anti-inflammation combo before bed. Digestion is improved with this drink and there is no more acid reflux or heartburn.
Health benefits of consuming this drink:
Turmeric healing properties:
- Less arthritis pain overall because it’s anti-inflammatory
- Liver detox aid and speeding up its functions; better bile flow too and fewer chances of gallstone forming
- Faster blood flow and thinning of blood (be careful if you take thinning blood meds)
- Soothing of digestive tract and its healing if needed; prevention from ulcers because it’s antiseptic
- Reduced pain and fever linked to sickness
- Prevention and cure of cancer
Coconut milk: this milk offers you many fats that are healthy and antimicrobial effects too, which stop or prevent stomach issues linked to digestion and provoked by bacteria.
Turmeric: this is a great anti-inflammation powerful natural ingredient; take it and it will ease your digestive problems in that tract, it will protect the digestion tract lining and prevent ulcers too.
Black pepper: this is an addition to foods to enhance the effect of the turmeric and its bioavailability, also to aid the absorption of curcumin, which is what mainly turmeric is made of.
Honey: this product has a load of amines and amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, minerals and all of these fasten the digestion and weaken any irritation in the digestion process.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1-inch piece sliced ginger root/ or 1 tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp organic honey
Take everything except the honey, and place in a bowl to mix it. Put this mix into a saucepan and heat it up to make it simmer or boil low to bubble. Reduce the heat and leave it to cook more, for at least 5 minutes. In the end, add the honey to the mix and drink it like a warm beverage.
It is easy to make as you see, it is really tasty and incredibly healthy too. With this, you will have better digestion and better stomach overall and no more heartburn or acid reflux.
Article and Image Source: keepyourbody.com