The cabbage soup diet is a low-calorie diet which lasts for seven days. This diet has become really popular due to its effectiveness. If you follow it correctly, you can lose up to 5 kilograms in a week.
There are some claims that the cabbage has the property of burning calories. The basic rule is simple. In order to really feel the effects of this diet, you need to eat cabbage soup in combination of certain foods. The soup contains a low amount of calories, and the additional food varies every day, so you won’t get bored of the diet.
Also, the cabbage soup diet is a great choice for those of you who feel hungry all the time, since there are no limitations to the food intake. As far as the drinks are concerned, you can consume tea or coffee without any sugar added, and plenty of water.
Preparation of the cabbage soup:
- 1 cabbage
- 6 big slices of young onion or leak
- 2 peppers
- Tomato juice or a few tomatoes
- Salt, black pepper and curry (optional)
Cut the vegetables into small pieces and put them in a pan. Add water to it. Add the spices and cook it until boiling (about 10 minutes). Then cook it on a low temperature until the vegetables are soft. You can add carrots as well.
The seven-day nutritious plan:
- DAY 1: Besides the cabbage soup, you can eat any type of fruit as much as you want, except bananas.
- DAY 2: Now you can add vegetables to your diet, besides the cabbage soup. Avoid the beans, the corn and the pease only. You can eat potatoes, but don’t exaggerate with them. One baked potato with a little bit of butter is enough.
- DAY 3: You can combine the cabbage soup with vegetables (except potatoes) and fruits (except bananas) as much as you want.
- DAY 4: On this day, besides the cabbage soup, you can eat maximum 8 bananas and drink fat-free milk as much as you want.
- DAY 5: You can kill your hunger with 300-500 grams of grilled beef and 6 fresh tomatoes, in addition to the soup consumption. Drink 8 glasses of water on this day.
- DAY 6: Eat cabbage soup, beef, chicken without the skin and vegetables (except potatoes).
- DAY 7: You can eat brown rise in addition to the soup, vegetables (potatoes are not allowed, naturally) and drink 100% natural fruit juice.
Of course, there are negative sides of the diet. The experts claim that you lose a lot of water from the body, but you don’t burn any fats. Therefore, you can just as easily return the lost kilograms. You might feel exhausted and energy-lacking while practicing this diet. It lacks certain vitamins that the body needs, so you need to be careful and make up for the vitamins. You can only practice this diet for 7 days, then, if you still want to go on with it, you have to make a two-week break.