A lot of us use the alcohol for disinfecting. But few know that there are many benefits beyond this and it is used in cosmetics but other purposes too.
- Replace deodorant- do not panic if you forgot something from the beauty bag. You can remove bacteria by just rubbing the alcohol. You can find it anywhere. But be careful not to irritate skin too much.
- Remove bed bugs- once these bugs get in, it is hard to kill them. They sneak everywhere so keep an eye on it. Spray the sheets and beds with alcohol to prevent this.
- Killing lice- remove lice with alcohol again using spray bottle and lavender oil drops in it. Apply on the hair and massage, then comb and lice are gone.
- DIY cool pack- alcohol does not freeze. This is crucial since you can make it in a cooling pad, just mix 2 parts water and 1 part alcohol and put in plastic bag with seal zip. Remove the air and put in the fridge. After an hour it is ready to go.
- Remove polish- some chemicals in nail polish remover damage the nails. But with alcohol you can replace regular remover of polish.
- Clean the ears- switch from cotton tips to alcohol. This is less dangerous for the ear drum and you just have to mix vinegar and alcohol and drop a bit in the ear. The wax will just emerge
- Clean skin- many lotions against acne are not as good, so alcohol can get the job done. It prevents more acne and inflamed skin and dries out pimples. Apply directly on clean skin.
- Remove ingrown hair- for the armpits or the bikini lines, this can help a lot. Apply alcohol on this part and soothe these hairs.
- Cold sore- up to 85% people have herpes virus and only a few have obvious pimple signs. Apply alcohol and at least disinfect the area.
- Sanitize hands- make a homemade sanitizer of alcohol. Mix drops of tea tree oil, ½ tbsp alcohol and 4 oz aloe vera gel and use immediately.
This video below shows you how to use the alcohol for this last step: