Having a bad breath? It is definitely one of the most unpleasant and most averse problems. It produces shame, anxiety and discomfort when having closer contacts to some people. Unfortunately, this is a very common problem in a certain period of life. The good news is that there is a simple solution to get rid of it.
How to check if you have it?
Most common way of checking is to put your hands in front of your mouth, blow in them and try to smell your breath. This method appears to be useless.
You need to do the following tests if you really like to know for real how other people feel your breath.
Test 1: Briefly put your tongue on your wrist, wait for 10 seconds and then breathe. If it doesn’t smell nice, find a way to refresh your mouth. If you pass this test, move on to the next one.
Test 2: Take a spoon and put it deep in your mouth, as far s you can, to the throat and scratch your tongue.
There would be most probably some white substance. Smell it and you will get the right answer whether your breath smells somehow differently. It is also all right if you ask some of your closest friends or family for an honest answer. It is crucial when you make the tests, to make them one hour after you have brushed your teeth. It is the best if you do them early in the morning.
How to get rid of it?
- Keep your oral hygiene constantly and regularly.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Brush your tongue as well and the inside of your cheeks.
- Change your toothbrush every 3-4 months.
- Check your teeth at the dentist’s regularly.
- Drink a lot of water.Dry mouth is one of the most common reasons for a bad breath. But juices and coffee won\t help you keep your mouth moist. Bad breath in the morning is in fact the result from dry mouth.
- Chew a sugar-free bubble gum
- Eat solid food.
- Quit smoking and consume less coffee and alcohol
- Drink yoghurt but stay away from garlic and onion especially when you need to be close to some people.
- Eat parsley.
If these solutions do not help you conquer your bad breath, visit the dentist. Sometimes, there is a disease hiding behind the bad breath. Maybe you would have to check your health at the doctor’s.