The martial art known as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu focuses on grappling and ground fight. It is also known as Gracie Jiu Jitsu and it originates from the Kodokan Judo, originating from the Japanese Jujutsu. These last years the Brazilian Jiu jitsu has become more popular, and since it is a way of self defense it is especially good for women, because when women get attacked by men, they are usually thrown to the ground. This martial art and its techniques could help women how to react in such submissive positions. The best thing about it is that it improves your health.
These seven reasons give you an insight in the sport and answer the question why each woman should consider training Brazilian Jiu jitsu.
1. Your endurance will increase. It doesn’t matter at what fitness level you are. You would feel it.
2. Your flexibility will increase. At first you might find most of the moves strange, but in time they will become easier and you will find yourself more flexible than you used to be.
3. Your muscles will build up. You don’t have to lift weight. By practicing BJJ, both your muscle tone and mass will increase.
4. Your aerobic capacity will increase. The aerobic capacity will become greater in time. You will lose some weight as well, especially if you combine the sport with other aerobic exercises when you don’t train BJJ.
5. Your confidence level will increase. When people, especially women know their bodies are strong, they feel better in a mental and physical way. The feeling that they know they could defend theirselves, makes them feel powerful.
6. Reduced stress. This is the best way to take out all your frustrations to your sparring partner. You would definitely feel relaxed.
7. Your focus and concentration will improve. Since this sport demands mental concentration and possibly a prediction of your partner’s moves, you will have to focus your mind and concentrate. This would definitely sharpen your mind and help you in other life situations also.
Brazilian Jiu jitsu is an excellent fitness activity for women. Nowadays it is easy to find it anywhere around the world, so Women, move your butt and sign up for classes!