If you don’t know, the guava is a tropical fruit with many health benefits. It is loaded with vitamin C and A, potassium, lycopene and dietary fiber. But, the guava leaves have also many benefits for the skin, hair and health. Here we have 17 wonderful benefits of this powerful plant.
- If you consume regularly the guava leaf tea, you will get many benefits. It is beneficial especially for the diabetics, because this tea reduces the blood sugar levels and it doesn’t stimulates the insulin production.
- Guava leaf tea can prevent you from gaining weight and will suppress your appetite by keeping the carbohydrates from being transformed into sugar.
- Guava leaf tea can reduce the LDL or low-density lipoprotein, or the bad cholesterol without to affect the levels of the HDL or high-density lipoprotein or the good cholesterol.
- It helps with food poisoning and is very beneficial for treating upset stomach.
- The powerful antimicrobial properties of this tea can help against dysentery and diarrhea.
- Coughs and bronchitis can be treated with the tea from guava leaf.
- If you suffer from dengue, then take 9 guava leaves and boil them in five cups of water until just half of the amount remains.
- Chew some guava leaves if you have inflamed gums, toothache and oral sores.
- Guava leaf tea can be used for cancer and prostate enlargement treatment.
- Small cuts like scrapes or abrasion can be treated with crushed guava leaves to prevent wound infections. The tea from this plant can help you with the outer ear infection to heal it faster. Make guava leaf tea, let it cool at room temperature, and then pour it on the affected area.
- It is recommended for those men with fertility problems.
- During the allergic reaction, place crushed guava leaves on your affected areas in order to relieve the itch.
- Guava leaves are very rich in vitamin C, so you can use them from treating pimples and acne.
- Relieve the insect bites by placing crushed guava leaves on the affected areas.
- If you have blackheads, you can remove it naturally with the guava leaves. Mix a few crushed leaves with water. Use this mixture as a facial scrub.
- Also, you can use this mixture to prevent premature aging of the skin.
- These leaves can be used in the treatment against hair loss. Boil some guava leaves, let them cool on room temperature and the massage the scalp to stop the hair loss.