These are the secrets that the food processing industry doesn’t want you to know! See all of these facts in the video here.
Here are the facts:
- Processed meats are meats which are preserved through freezing, smoking, canning, or by adding some preservative chemicals.
- Do you know that chicken nuggets are made from a liquefied meat product and then molded into the shapes that we know?
- Rodent hairs are allowed in our food legally? The FDA permits FOUR RODENT HAIRS per 100 grams of processed food.
- In order to keep it red, the meat can be treated with carbon monoxide.
- About 70 percent of poultry raised in the United States has been fed ARSENIC based drugs!
- Farm raised salmon is not actually pink without access to krill.
- The farm gives salmon a color boost simply by using dyes in the field.
- Usually the hot dogs are filled with a blend of meat, which is made from trimming of fat and starch or cereal filler, and then sealed up.
- But, the companies like Nestle, General Mills, Heinz, Campbells, Kraft and Hillshire Farm won’t reveal where their meat comes from.
- Silicon dioxide, which is found in quartz or sand, can be found in the fast food meat at chains like Taco Bell or Wendy’s.
- Up to 80 percent of the United States pigs are fed a controversial growth drug – ractopamine, which is illegal in Russia and the whole European Union.
- The Smithfield Pork Company, which is the largest pork producer in the U.S. in 2012 had 15.8 million hogs. That is millions of gallons of manure.
- The lagoons it’s dumped in are bright pink. A Pink Lagoon is a healthy lagoon, according to the 2006 Smithfield statement to shareholders.
- One study in 2007 discovered that eating processed meat increases the risk of getting bowel cancer.
- There would be 4,000 fewer cases of this cancer if people had less than 70 g of processed meat in one week.