The acid reflux is also known as heartburn and many people suffer from it. Pills and meds are not always the good choice. Natural cures are much better and have no side effects.
Before you explore these natural cures, know more about this issue of acid reflux.
This condition is basically the stomach acids going to the esophagus. This happens due to the inability of the lower esophageal sphincter to be closed and prevent the food and other acids to move up. When the reflux happens, there is a great discomfort in the torso and chest area.
Opposed to beliefs, this reflux is not because of too much stomach acids (hyperacidity). Experts claim it is because of hiatal hernia – belly protrusion through the esophagus opening in the diaphragm.
Another such condition that makes this problem is the Helicobacter pylori, i.e., H. pylori infections that even make stomach ulcers. This means the belly lining is inflamed and with ulcers and not just heartburn, but other signs appear to like nausea and burning sensation.
Since you have the basic knowledge now, you can discover the natural cures and we have 15 of them for you:
- No processed food- these have chemicals that make bacteria imbalance in the belly and cause the above mentioned problem.
- Probiotics- good bacteria is promoted with probiotics like yoghurt, fermenting veggies (sauerkraut, kimchi) regarding the H. pylori.
- Ginger tea- ginger is anti-inflammation beneficial and soothes the belly walls
- ACV- sometimes the acid reflux is due to low acids levels. So the natural apple vinegar is helpful now.
- Baking soda- it neutralizes the bad acids in the belly and take it with glass of water and ½ teaspoon mixed in.
- Chamomile tea – relaxes the gut
- Aloe Vera juice- drink ½ cup of this juice before eating as prevention to the reflux
- Slippery elm- since it covers the esophagus, there won’t be bad refluxes anymore
- Oily fishes- tuna, mackerel, trout, herring – they all have omega 3 fat acids and stop inflammation.
- Betaine- you can find it in healthy food shops and like capsules too; it stops H. pylori and other issues like this
- Astaxanthin- the 40 mg dose for daily use is antioxidant and really good for curing reflux.
- Folate- studies shown how folate reduces this problem by 50%
- Glutamine- chicken, beef and dairy have glutamine, amino acid that stops H. pylori damage in the digestion organs.
- Prescribed meds/supplements- some meds like antibiotics, painkillers or antidepressants make irritation in the belly and cause the heartburn effect. Follow the advice of doctors and never take meds by your own invented curing rules.
- Less lying down after meds or meals- this means the acids will move upwards to the esophagus.