Much like taxes and breakups, large pores are part of our life. But just because they exist, that doesn’t mean that there is nothing that we can do about it.
Every woman has had to deal with those blackheads at some of point of her life. But men have them too. Blackheads are a wide opening in the skin and there is a black skin debris covering the pore. A comedo is an open up hair follicle that is filled with debris like bacteria, keratin and oil.
The sebum lubricates the skin and the hair and generally exits through the pores. But sometimes the sebum can be completely blocked from exiting from the pores, and because of that some bacteria can accumulate in the pores. The blackheads are generally caused by an overproduction of oil into the skin.
Here are a few tips that will help you to shrink those pores and to keep your blackheads at bay.
- Use a clay mask: clay masks strip the oil and the water from the skin and makes the pores look smaller. Buy clay masks that have the kaoline and bentonine clay.
- Use an oil-free cleanser: the oil free cleanser will wash away your oil, dirt, makeup without taking away the moisture in the face. Rinse your face with cold water because the cold water shrinks the pores.
- Try some other masks: you can make a mask from 2 whole eggs, a few drops of acidic liquid and 4 tablespoons of sugar. Mix the ingredients and spread it on your face. After 15 minutes, rinse the face with cold water.
- Astringents: they are just like toners, but they are alcohol based and little stronger. Alcohol-based astringents are recommended only for oily and tolerant skin.
- Skin toners: skin toners can help you to get rid of oil and shine, keep pores from clogging and prevent breakouts.
- Use skin exfoliation: exfoliate the face by putting a cleanser on the face and scrub it gently with a gritty scrub.
- Steam: you will need hot water, ice cubes, lemon juice and washcloth. Fill one large bowl with the water and hold your face over the bowl for 3 to 5 minutes. After that, put the lemon juice on a washcloth and then dab it onto your face. Then rinse the face with cool water. Then rub the face with the ice cubes.
- Vitamin C: it can increase the production of elastin and collagen.
- Drink water: replace the soft drinks with water and that can reduce the size of your pores. The water flushes out the toxins from the body and those soft drinks can be a threat to your health.
- No overnight makeup: if you leave the makeup on your face overnight that can clog your pores and can allow the skin to get oily, and that can cause blemishes and large pores.
Try all these tips and they will help you get rid of those stubborn large pores.