Just 10 % of people sleep in the nude, according to the studies, and this is surprising because there are many benefits of sleeping nude. If the thoughts of sleeping naked are not appealing to you, read these ten benefits that will have you convinced.
- Sleeping nude reduces the risk of yeast infections because it permits the vaginal area to have an opportunity to air out. We all know that the yeast grows in moist and warm conditions, so when it is dry and cool, the growth is prevented.
- People that sleep naked have better relationships. The skin to skin touch releases oxytocin – the bonding hormone. So, get rid of the pajamas and allow skin to skin contact because we need oxytocin that lowers stress, elevates happiness and reduces the blood pressure.
- You will have a healthier body. Wearing pajamas or clothes at night keeps the body warmer and that prevents the growth hormone to be released. You have to know that the growth hormone repairs the body. The growth hormone repairs tissue, promotes bone density, builds muscle, lowers the risk of heart disease, lowers the risk of diabetes, promotes healthy weight, stimulates the immune system and stimulates the growth of internal organs.
- Our bodies need to cool during the night and this decreases the levels of cortisol in the body. So, if we don’t get enough sleep, we will wake up with high levels of cortisol. Higher levels of cortisol trigger the appetite and we can overeat. High levels of cortisol can increase the belly fat, disrupt the sleep patterns and lower the libido.
- If you sleep naked, you will have a better sex. With all that oxytocin and with the fact that you are both naked, this could be a good thing.
- Sleeping naked will give you a self-confidence boost. If you sleep naked, you will learn to be more pleased with your body, so you will be happier. If you spend all that time naked, you will want to look your best.
- Keeps you young. If you keep the temperature around 68 to 70 degrees that will allow the growth hormone, anti-aging hormones and melatonin to function properly. For a lot of people it is important to be cozy and comfortable at bedtime, but a warm sleep surrounding can prevent the natural process of cooling to take place in the body while you are sleeping.
- It is much easier. You don’t have to worry about searching the pajamas, just strip and get in bed. Also, you will have fewer clothes for washing and you won’t have to buy pajamas. It is a win-win combination.
- It can boost your skin. Your skin will get a breather. You private parts, feet and armpits are restricted and covered all day, even in hot weather. So, give your body an opportunity to breathe and air out. You will have a lower risk of skin diseases like the athlete’s foot, that appears as a result from restricted, wet skin.
- If you sleep naked, that will make you feel happier and freer. Just imagine laying in your bed naked, without underwear, pants or bra. Just you and your body between the two cool sheets.
Are you convinced now that there are so many benefits of sleeping naked? So, get rid of the pajamas and enjoy the better relationship and better you.