Cucumbers are the 4th most cultivated vegetables on this planet and known to be one of the best vegetables for the overall health of the body. The cucumbers are usually sprayed with pesticides, so it is really important to buy organic cucumbers, or you can grow them yourself.
Here we will present you 10 health benefits of cucumbers:
- Re-mineralized and Hydrates the Body – cucumbers are 95% water, so they keep the body hydrated and help the body to remove the toxins. This vegetable has most of the vitamins that the body needs in one day.
- Relieves Joint Pain (Gout, Arthritis, etc.) – cucumbers are great source of silica, which is well-known to help promote joint health. It does that by strengthening the connective tissues. Also, they are rich in vitamin B1, B6, A, D and C, Folate, Magnesium, Calcium, and Potassium.
- Controls the Blood Pressure – cucumbers are rich in magnesium, potassium and fiber. They work effectively for regulating the blood pressure. This fact makes them great for treating both high blood pressure and low blood pressure.
- Can Prevent and Cure Diabetes – cucumber juice has a hormone that is needed by the cell of the pancreas in the production of insulin. Because of that, it has been found that cucumbers are beneficial to diabetic patients.
- Fights Cancer – cucumbers contain lariciresinol, secoisolariciresinol, and pinoresinol. These 3 lignans have a history of research in association with reduced risk of many types of cancer, including ovarian cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer and uterine cancer.
- Reduces Cholesterol – the researchers discovered that a compound called sterols, which is found in the cucumbers might help reduce the cholesterol levels.
- Promotes Digestion – the high water content and the dietary fiber in the cucumbers are very effective in the removal of toxins from the digestive system, aiding the digestion too. If you consume cucumbers every day, you can cure the chronic constipation.
- Aids in Weight loss – because to its high water content and low calorie content, the cucumber is an ideal dietary ingredient for those people who want to lose weight.
- Prevents Headaches – cucumbers contain enough B vitamins, sugar and electrolytes to replenish many important nutrients, reducing the intensity of headaches. Eat a few cucumber slices before you go to bed, to avoid the morning headaches.
- High Silica Content For Silky Hair – the sulfur and silicon in the cucumbers can help to stimulate the hair growth, plus makes the hair silky.